Whether you’re shielding your skin from the blazing sun or braving the cold dry air, a hydrating mask is always welcome. Even more welcome? One that doesn't require you to go searching for esoteric ingredients. All the components in the moisture-infusing mask here are everyday food staples. Give it a go (and use any leftovers on your toast!).
- Smooth a thin film of apple cider vinegar with a cotton ball allover your face (avoid eyes). The vinegar's exfoliating properties will help the mask penetrate.
- Toss half an avocado, two or three pineapple chunks, and a quarter teaspoon of lime into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of honey into the mix, then blend with a fork. Your mask is done! Apply generously to your skin.
- Put on some nice music and boil water in a kettle. Relax for 10 minutes.
- Next, wipe the mask away with a damp towel, leaving just a thin layer. When the water has boiled, pour some into a pot. With a towel draped over your head, lean over the pot just enough so that your skin catches the rising steam.
- After a couple of minutes, wipe away the remainder of your mask with a warm washcloth. Seal the moisture in with a gentle cream (of course, we love Calendula Nourish!).